Saturday, June 25, 2011

Albany Fandangle

Thursday night, we attended the 73rd Annual Albany Fandangle. The Fandangle is an outdoor musical directed and performed by only Albany citizens. My grandfather wrote a few of the songs YEARS ago, and my mom was in the show every year growing up. I love seeing an entire community coming together to continue a strong tradition. The show was fantastic! The show runs 6 nights every June, so plan to go next summer! The show started at 8:45 and by then the weather was perfect...no heat and no mosquitos! That's is rare in West Texas!

Before the show was a great parade which included the new MAYOR MAXEY! Ty and Kyleigh (Bill's grandkids) loved riding with my mom.
My mom had a fan club watching! Seated in the chairs...Natalie (our old neighbor), her daughter, Cathy (her mother), Scott, my aunt, and my uncle. After dinner we ate bbq at a park.Dave and I met in April of 2000 and spent a few days together at A&M while I was visiting and Dave was a senior. The next time I saw him was in June that summer when I went to the Fandangle with my family and we invited Dave to join us. That night, I never thought I would attend the show eleven years later with Dave as my husband!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah, that looks like fun! It's crazy how time passes and you have no idea what to expect. Just think what your future could hold in another 11 years! Maybe you'll be the mayor of Albany. :)

Dave and Mandi said...

LOL, maybe Scott will be mayor one day!