Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back Home

This last weekend, I went "home" to visit old friends and to see my mom. Even though I consider Abilene my home, I refer to Cleburne as home. When I wasn't busy seeing old friends, I hung out with my mom and her best friend, Jan. We talked and quilted all weekend long.

I had lunch on Friday with a special young lady named Maddy. I taught Maddy when she was in the third grade, and she will soon start seventh grade. Her mother and I have stayed in touch through the years. It was so good seeing Maddy, her mom, and her brother.

Saturday, I attended my ten year high school reunion. It was fun seeing everyone and sharing old stories. Some of these girls I have been friends with since fourth grade!

On Sunday, I had lunch with my friend Marlana. Every time I go home to see my mom, I go visit Marlana. We taught together four years ago and I really miss her!! She has three adorable kids. This is her youngest playing dress up.

No comments: