Monday, March 8, 2010

Quilting

I wanted to share with you my new hobby...quilting!! My mom got me started back in the fall and I am addicted. I go to Charisse's (picture below) house every Thursday with my good friend Karissa. Charisse is an excellent teacher! This weekend, my mom and I went on a quilting retreat in Brownwood. I had a great time being with my mom and I met some wonderful women. I was able to finish 3 quilt tops while at the retreat.
my mom and I out on the deck over looking the Brownwood Lake

Charisse and IJohn Deere quilt...I made two of these for my friend's two boys. baby girl quilt

4 comments:

Jennifer Moore said...

I want to learn!

Dave and Mandi said...

You would love it Jennifer. Find local classes. I'm going on the next retreat Aug. 13-15 in Brownwood. You are welcome to go.

Sarah said...

Yay! Mandi, they look so good! I am definitely impressed. I can't wait to see them in person.

I've been meaning to call you back, but things are crazy right now. I'll call you soon.

I can't wait to see you!

Eleanor Leigh said...

Mandi,
That is awesome. Congratulations on your work. I think that's such a cool craft and something you will enjoy for years. Way to go!