Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend in Oregon

Dave and I recently spent a relaxing weekend in Oregon. Dave had to go for work and I flew up on Friday through Sunday. When I arrived we headed directly down the Columbia River Scenic Highway. This was just one of the many beautiful views of the Columbia River. We stopped at several waterfalls on our way to Multnomah Falls. Below is Latourell Falls.
Multnomah Falls...the second tallest year-round waterfall in the states.
We continued our drive to Mt. Hood (the second most climbed mountain in the world).
Saturday, we drove into Washington to see Mount St. Helens.
Back in the Portland area, we went to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. We saw the "Spruce Goose" (the largest airplace ever made).

We also saw the "Blackbird" (the fastest plane ever).


3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I wish we could have a fun weekend like that! I love that website with the backgrounds and changed mine as well. MUCH easier that way!!

Jennifer Moore said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Oregon looked beautiful.

Mary Ann said...

Third time is charm. I tried to leave a comment earlier and since I am not totallly computer literate after I had it typed out --- I did not know how to get it to post. Go figure - I am the Mom of an Aggie with "water as one of the critical components of his being!!!" Oh well, where there is a will there is a way. So I just set up a blog account --- Hey, don't know if I will use it. However, I just might!!! It's all Mandi's fault. Hey to another Aggie -- have you learned how to answer the phone yet??? Hugs to all. Aunt Mary Ann